Dr Olapade Agoro is the originator of several concepts and policies which were adopted by the Nigerian government. Some of them are listed below:
- In 1974, he pioneered the Road Safety concept in Nigeria, got the concept promoted and accepted by the Federal Ministry of Works. This was later expanded to Black Africa at large.
- in 1976, he pioneered and introduced Plastic ID Cards to the Nigerian market. This was also extended to the existing tertiary institutions from Ibadan to the Northern and Eastern parts of Nigeria including the then young establishment of national Youth Service Corps (NYSC), University of Ibadan, Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, University of Nigeria Nsukka etc.
- In 1980 he pioneered and introduced handheld Dictaphone Dictating machines to the media organisations in Nigeria starting with the Broadcasting Corporation of Oyo State (BCOS) during the administration of Engr. (now Alhaji) Lateef Busari.
- In 1982, as an Executive Member of Ibadan Chamber of Commerce and Member of NACCIMA under the Chairmanship of Chief A. Olunloyo (of blessed memory), he single handedly and successfully organized the 1st EXPOYO for Oyo State Government at a huge profit of N82,000.
- In December 1984, he organized and did the 1st Food Production Technology Conference and Exhibition at the University of Ibadan.
- In 1990, through his company Olapade Agoro Investment Company Ltd., he organized and did the 1st International Oil Conference in Abuja, the first of its kind in Black Africa; which recommended “Promote Use Of Gas To Boost Oil Export”. This recommendation now earns Nigeria enormous foreign exchange.